Check out these useful phrases for supporting time management during exploratory talk:
* “We’re about halfway through our time, who hasn’t had a chance to speak yet?”
* “It seems that we all agree on … so shall we move on to talk about ….?”
* “It seems we are all stuck on … Shall we put this to one side for a moment and talk about … instead?”
* “The main issue we haven’t resolved yet is … But can we all agree that …?”
Alternatively you can scaffold the time more tightly:
* Two minutes discussing the problem. What is the problem? What do we know about it?
* Two minutes offering as many solutions as possible.
* Two minutes evaluating possible solutions.
* Two minutes reaching a consensus. What is the best solution?
(Stott, Gaunt 2019)